Running a rapidly expanding business comes with challenges. As your business grows, so does the volume of customer inquiries and support tickets. Managing everything manually is becoming increasingly difficult, and you need a robust customer support platform to streamline your operations.
Let’s look at two of the best customer support software currently on the market.
Zoho Desk is a cloud-based help desk software that helps businesses of all sizes manage their customer support operations. It offers a wide range of features, including ticket management, a knowledge base, a self-service portal, automation, reporting, and analytics.
On the other side of the ring, Gorgias steps into the spotlight as an AI-driven customer support solution that focuses heavily on eCommerce and DTC brands.
As these platforms square off, we’ll explore their strengths, unique capabilities, and which one might be your key to enhanced productivity and success. So, fasten your seat-belts as we embark on a journey through the realms of Zoho Desk and Gorgias, where support excellence meets AI innovation.
QUICK NOTE: If you are a startup or SMB, Zoho Desk or Gorgias might not be a good fit for you. Check out ThriveDesk, our take on customer support software for startups or SMBs.
Zoho Desk vs Gorgias at a glance
|Niche||Small to mid-sized businesses||Small to mid-sized businesses|
|Free trial||15 days||7 days|
Overview of Zoho Desk
Experience efficient customer support with Zoho Desk‘s comprehensive helpdesk solution. Manage and resolve customer queries effortlessly using the powerful ticketing system, providing a centralized dashboard for clear visibility and prompt issue resolution.
Go beyond ticketing with Zoho Desk’s integrated suite of customer support tools. Engage customers through live chat, knowledge base management, community forums, and self-service portals, offering a range of support options and empowering customers to find solutions independently.
Integrate Zoho Desk seamlessly with other Zoho applications and popular third-party tools to create a unified ecosystem, ensuring smooth data flow and collaboration across teams. Scale your support operations effortlessly with customizable features and pricing plans to meet your evolving needs.
Trusted by top companies like BMW, Bose, and OnePlus, Zoho Desk delivers exceptional support experiences across industries. Join the ranks of satisfied businesses and provide timely resolutions with Zoho Desk’s comprehensive suite of AI customer support tools.
Zoho Desk is a streamlined helpdesk solution that combines robust ticketing, versatile integrations, scalability, and a trusted user base.
Overview of Gorgias
Introducing Gorgias, your ultimate customer support software for eCommerce and DTC brands. This game-changing platform harnesses the power of artificial intelligence (AI) to revolutionize customer interactions. It’s all about simplifying support processes and elevating the customer journey.
With Gorgias, managing inquiries becomes a breeze. Routine tasks are automated, and personalized assistance becomes the norm.
AI takes center stage, swiftly responding to common queries, drastically reducing response times, and liberating support agents to tackle more intricate issues. This increases efficiency and ensures your customers receive rapid support, boosting their satisfaction and fostering loyalty.
But here’s the kicker – Gorgias seamlessly integrates with eCommerce platforms like Shopify, making it the top choice for online retailers.
It consolidates customer data from various touchpoints, enabling tailor-made interactions and recommendations that take the customer experience to a whole new level.
In a nutshell, Gorgias is customer support software intended for eCommerce businesses that marries AI automation with user-friendly interfaces and robust integrations.
It empowers businesses of all sizes to deliver exceptional support, supercharge productivity, and cultivate enduring customer relationships.
Whether you’re a small eCommerce boutique or a major player in the DTC realm, Gorgias is poised to redefine your customer service game in the digital era, setting new benchmarks for excellence.
Comparative Analysis: Key Features and Functionality
When comparing Zoho Desk and Gorgias, it’s essential to evaluate their core features and functionalities to determine which platform best suits your organization’s customer support needs. Let’s explore how Zoho Desk and Gorgias stack up in terms of basic functionalities required by helpdesk software.
|Zoho Desk integrates with over 6500 apps, including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, and Google Workspace||Gorgias integrates with over 1,000 apps, including Shopify, Magento, and BigCommerce|
|Zoho Desk offers a self-service portal where customers can find answers to their questions, troubleshoot issues, and access knowledge articles||Gorgias offers a self-service knowledge base feature to assist customers with common queries|
|Zoho Desk offers live chat for customer support agents to communicate with customers in real time||Gorgias provides a live chat feature for instant customer interactions|
|Zoho Desk offers a variety of reports that help businesses track customer support metrics, such as ticket volume, response time, and customer satisfaction||Gorgias offers a variety of reports to track customer support metrics, including eCommerce-specific metrics such as order volume and revenue|
|Zoho Desk offers a mobile app for both iOS and Android||Gorgias offers a mobile app for both iOS and Android|
|Zoho Desk’s AI chatbots are powered by Zia, Zoho Desk’s own AI technology. Zia is considerably more powerful than Answer Bot and can process more information and handle more complex tasks making it more capable than Answer Bot.||Gorgias’ is powered by a proprietary AI technology. Gorgias has integrated AI functionality into their autoresponders, spam detectors, macro suggestions, ticket priority and data analytics facilitating faster support, better ticket management and AI backed data driven insights. It uses rule based chatbots.|
|Zoho Desk offers 24/7 customer support via phone, email, and chat||Gorgias offers 24/7 customer support via phone, email, and chat|
|Zoho Desk offers robust ticket management with multi-channel support, automation, and analytics for efficient customer support.||User-friendly interface for creating, tracking, and organizing customer tickets, with additional features for eCommerce businesses, such as order management and returns management|
|Zoho Desk’s helpdesk solution provides automation features through its “Blueprint” functionality. With Blueprint, businesses can create automated workflows that guide agents through predefined steps, ensuring consistent and standardized support processes.||Gorgias automates repetitive tasks, routes tickets to the appropriate agents, manages SLAs, and sends personalized messages to customers. Gorgias also offers several eCommerce-specific automations, such as abandoned cart recovery, post-purchase follow-up, and order status updates. By automating these tasks, Gorgias can help businesses save time, improve efficiency, and provide better customer service.|
Our pick: Zoho Desk
Some additional Comparison metrics
When considering Zoho Desk and Gorgias, it’s essential to highlight their unique features and how they cater to different aspects of business operations.
Zoho’s helpdesk solution stands out with its comprehensive suite of integrated applications, including CRM, desk, and analytics tools. This integration creates a seamless ecosystem, enabling businesses to leverage customer data from various touchpoints and streamline their support processes. Zoho Desk also boasts an AI-powered chatbot named Zia.
Gorgias specializes in efficient eCommerce support, seamlessly integrating with major platforms like Shopify, Magento, and BigCommerce to streamline online retail businesses. It excels in advanced automation, enabling businesses to automate repetitive tasks and utilize AI-driven responses to address common customer inquiries, ultimately boosting efficiency and reducing response times.
Our pick: Gorgias. Better integrated AI functionality.
Pricing and Plans
When considering helpdesk solutions like Zoho Desk and Gorigas, understanding the pricing models and plans is crucial to make an informed decision. Let’s compare the pricing structures of both platforms, evaluate their value for money and scalability, and analyze any additional costs or hidden charges that may be associated with each platform.
Zoho Desk Pricing
|Standard||$20 per user/month, billed monthly$14 per user/month, billed annually|
|Professional||$35 per user/month, billed monthly$23 per user/month, billed annually|
|Enterprise||$50 per user/month, billed monthly$40 per user/month, billed annually|
- Zoho Desk’s pricing plans are transparent and billed on a per-user per-month basis, making it easy to calculate costs and scale as needed.
- It’s important to consider that Zoho’s helpdesk solution is part of a broader suite of applications, and depending on the plan chosen, businesses may have access to other tools like Zoho CRM along with Zoho Desk, which can enhance the overall value but may affect pricing.
|Starter||$10 per month, billed monthly|
|Basic||$60 per month, billed monthly$50 per month, billed annually|
|$360 per month, billed monthly$300 per month, billed annually|
|Advanced||$360 per month, billed monthly$750 per month, billed annually|
- Gorgias offers clear and transparent pricing, simplifying cost calculations and budgeting.
- With Gorgias, you can easily scale your support operations up or down as your business needs change.
- Gorgias prioritizes automation and efficiency, reducing the reliance on additional costs for integrations or add-ons.
If your business is on a tight budget, consider exploring ThriveDesk. They provide uncomplicated pricing plans tailored to accommodate various business needs. With just two options to select from, it simplifies the decision-making process for business owners. Opt for the plan that aligns with both your support needs and budget, whether you operate as a small team or a burgeoning enterprise.
|Starter||$25/month (4 seats)|
|Plus||$85/month (10 seats)|
Our pick: Gorgias. Has lower prices coupled with more variety in plans.
Value for Money and Scalability
When it comes to choosing a helpdesk and project management solution for your business, assessing the value for money and scalability of the platforms is paramount. Let’s compare Zoho Desk and Gorgias in handling these crucial aspects, helping you make an informed decision.
Zoho Desk’s pricing plans also offer scalability, enabling businesses to upgrade to higher-tier plans as their support needs expand. With the integrated suite of applications, Zoho provides a comprehensive solution that can bring additional value to businesses looking for a unified ecosystem to manage customer interactions.
Gorgias, too, offers a scalable pricing structure that caters to businesses with varying support needs. Its pricing plans are designed to provide value at different stages of growth, allowing you to choose the plan that best fits your current requirements while offering the flexibility to adapt as your business evolves.
In terms of value for money, Gorgias focuses on optimizing support operations for eCommerce businesses. Its AI-driven features, including smart macros and automated responses, can lead to substantial time and resource savings for support teams. Gorgias aims to provide a compelling return on investment by streamlining support workflows and improving customer service.
Our pick: Tie! Both have competitive pricing to value ratio.
Additional Costs and Hidden Charges
When selecting a helpdesk or project management platform, it’s crucial to consider the base pricing and any potential additional costs and hidden charges that may impact your budget. Let’s delve into how Zoho Desk and Gorgias handle these aspects.
- Pay-per-use pricing: Zoho Desk’s pay-per-use option covers features like SMS and live chat support. Ideal for occasional users, it offers flexibility. Watch out for per-use fees to control costs.
- Customizations: Zoho Desk provides customization features like branding and custom fields. Tailor it to your needs, but remember, customizations can be costly and may need Zoho’s support.
- Add-on modules: Enhance Zoho Desk with add-ons like SalesIQ CRM and Desk360. These modules offer extra functionality but come at an added cost and may require Zoho’s support.
- Add-Ons and Integrations: While Gorgias includes various automation and integrations in its plans, some advanced features or specific integrations may come with an extra cost.
- Volume-Based Pricing: Depending on the volume of support tickets and interactions your business handles, you may opt for a higher-tier plan. These plans may come with increased costs to accommodate higher usage.
- Customization and Development: Businesses may incur additional charges for customization or development services for highly tailored solutions or specific development work.
Our pick: No winners in this category either. Both are very sneaky when it comes to hidden costs. We advise you to carefully review their pricing plans and policies before picking either.
User Experience and Interface
The user experience and interface of a helpdesk or project management solution significantly impact its effectiveness in facilitating smooth operations. Let’s assess the user experience and interface of both Zoho Desk and Gorgias, considering key factors like navigation, customization, and overall usability. We’ll also incorporate user feedback and reviews to provide insights into the practicality of each platform.
- Zoho Desk’s interface is designed to provide a seamless user experience, focusing on ease of navigation and accessibility. The platform offers a clean and organized dashboard that presents relevant information in a structured manner.
- Zoho Desk provides extensive customization options, allowing businesses to tailor the interface to their requirements. Users can customize ticket forms, workflows, and layouts, ensuring the platform adapts to their specific support processes.
- Reviews highlight Zoho Desk’s user-friendly interface, with users appreciating its simplicity and ease of navigation. The intuitive design of the platform, coupled with its comprehensive features, contributes to a positive user experience.
- Gorgias prioritizes a seamless user experience, emphasizing navigation ease and accessibility in its interface design. The platform’s dashboard presents relevant information well-structured, enhancing user efficiency.
- Extensive customization options are a hallmark of Gorgias, allowing businesses to adapt the interface to their needs. Users can customize ticket forms, workflows, and layouts, ensuring the platform aligns with their unique support processes.
- Customer reviews consistently highlight Gorgias’ user-friendly interface, with users praising its simplicity and navigation intuitiveness. The platform’s intuitive design and comprehensive features contribute to a positive and efficient user experience.
Our pick: Zoho Desk. More intuitive and easier to use. Gorgias can be difficult to adapt to for first-time users.
Customer Feedback and Reviews
In terms of G2 ratings, Zoho Desk and Gorgias are both well-rated platforms. Zoho Desk has a rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars, based on over 4,700 reviews. Gorgias has a rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars, based on over 506 reviews.
The general consensus between their customers focuses on a few common patterns.
Zoho Desk is a more affordable option. The platform also offers a high degree of customization, making it a good choice for businesses of all sizes and requirements.
Gorgias has notable strengths in specialized eCommerce support through integrations with platforms like Shopify, Magento, and BigCommerce. Its robust automation capabilities streamline processes and enhance efficiency, while users commend its user-friendly interface for its simplicity and ease of navigation. Overall, Gorgias receives favorable feedback, particularly for its eCommerce support and automation features, contributing to its positive user reputation.
Our pick: Zoho Desk. Acknowledging that this is a subjective category we looked at 100 random reviews for each and considering the limited sample size, Zoho Desk had more reviews over 4 stars compared to Gorgias.
Zoho Desk vs Gorias: Pros and Cons Face-Off
|Good customer support||Not feature rich|
|Easy to use and customizable||Mobile app is not as user-friendly as the web app|
|Integrations with other popular software||Some users have reported issues with performance|
|Offers a free plan for up to 10 users|
|Tailored to the specific needs of eCommerce businesses||More expensive than some other customer support platforms|
|Advanced features such as abandoned cart recovery and post-purchase follow-up||Can be complex to set up and configure|
|Integrations with popular eCommerce platforms such as Shopify and Magento||Not as well-suited for businesses outside of the eCommerce industry|
|Excellent customer support|
Which is right for you?
Zoho Desk is a more affordable option. The platform also offers a high degree of customization, making it a good choice for businesses with unique needs.
Gorgias is a better fit for eCommerce businesses that need more advanced features.
Here’s a summary table outlining the key differences between Zoho Desk and Gorgias, along with an alternative worth considering:
|Price||Starts at $20, billed monthly||Starts at $10, billed monthly||Starts at $25|
|Features||Ticket management, Self-service portal, knowledge base, automation and reporting||Unified inbox, live chat, knowledge base, automation and reporting||Wide range of help desk features that focus on customer support and live chat|
|Ease of use||Easy to use and configure||Can be complex to set up and configure||Easy to use and configure|
|Scalability||Scalable to meet the needs of growing businesses||Designed for eCommerce businesses that are experiencing rapid growth||Better utilized for small to mid sized businesses|
|Community||Large and active community of users and developers||Smaller but still active and engaged community of users and developers||Active community of developers and contributors|
|Customer support||24/7 support via email, chat and phone||24/7 customer support via phone, email, and chat||24/7 support via email and chat|
ThriveDesk: Customer Support solution for Startups and SMBs
In addition to Zoho Desk and Gorgias, alternative helpdesk solutions are available in the market. One such alternative worth considering is ThriveDesk. ThriveDesk is a feature-rich helpdesk solution that offers a comprehensive set of tools to manage customer support effectively.
ThriveDesk is a help desk software tailor-made for businesses seeking extensive features and a powerful yet simple live chat assistant. Even better, it’s the most cost-effective, lightweight, and speedy live chat solution available for Shopify business owners.
ThriveDesk empowers small businesses to manage real-time customer communications. Packed with convenient built-in features like shared inbox, instant replies, file sharing directly from the chat widget, emojis for effective communication, satisfaction surveys, sales tracking reports for eCommerce, knowledge base search, and monitoring capabilities, you can efficiently handle your Wix store operations.
Rest assured, ThriveDesk’s lightweight design and speed won’t impact the performance of your Wix-powered eCommerce website. The optimized agent interface ensures rapid responses for maximum efficiency, all while keeping your website running smoothly.
Rated 5 stars out of 5 on G2, ThriveDesk is highly regarded by users.
Key Features of ThriveDesk:
- Self Service Portal (WPPortal)
- Third-party Integrations
- Performance Metrics
- Live Chat
- Workflow Management
- Alerts / Escalation
- Multi-Channel Communication
- Ticket Management
- Customer Database
- Email Management
- Extensive Knowledge Base
- Surveys & Feedback
- Pricing for ThriveDesk starts at just $6.67 per month.
Pros of ThriveDesk:
- Cost-effective, reducing agent costs
- Minimizes customer effort
- Easy installation and usage
- Smooth onboarding experience
- Seamless navigation between chat interactions
- Real-time responses
- ThriveDesk’s user-friendly interface, comprehensive resources (including a community, shared mailbox, and live chat), have made it a popular and trusted choice for Wix users. It comes highly recommended for its reliability and ease of use.
Cons of ThriveDesk:
- Lack of native mobile alerts
With ThriveDesk, you can supercharge your website’s growth and streamline customer interactions like never before.
Conclusion: Zoho Desk vs Gorgias for Your Business
When deciding between Zoho Desk and Gorgias to meet your business needs, it’s essential to consider a range of factors aligned with your organizational goals, operational requirements, and financial constraints. These two platforms offer distinct strengths, each serving unique aspects of your business.
- Zoho Desk offers a comprehensive helpdesk solution beyond ticketing, encompassing live chat and integrated applications like CRM.
- It is known for its affordability, making it an attractive choice, especially for small to mid-sized businesses.
- Zoho Desk provides solid customer support and ample customization options, allowing you to adapt the platform to your specific requirements.
- Its suite of applications creates a unified ecosystem.
- A specialized eCommerce support platform with seamless integrations for online retail businesses.
- Excels in automation, improving efficiency by automating repetitive tasks and providing AI-driven responses.
- Boasts a user-friendly interface with positive feedback on simplicity and navigation.
Your choice between Zoho Desk and Gorgias should align with your unique business needs. Zoho Desk continues to be an excellent, cost-effective solution for businesses prioritizing budget-conscious decisions. Its robust feature set, affordability, and scalability make it a compelling option.
On the other hand, if you operate an online retail business and value automation, Gorgias offers a compelling solution.
Tailor your selection to match your objectives and leverage the full potential of Zoho Desk or Gorigas to drive success in your organization. If you’re a small business looking for a more cost-effective solution to handle your customer support, ThriveDesk can be your go-to.